Main objective of this open call is to facilitate access for the wider biomedical research community to the unique infrastructure. Czech Centre for Phenogenomics will provide cryo-preservation of 15 mouse lines (sperms) preferentially on C57Bl/6 backgrounds free of charge.
Additionally, we offer to archive and deposit the mouse line into the EMMA repository. Mouse strains submitted for archiving are evaluated by EMMA’s external Evaluation Committee. The committee is composed of experts in the field of mouse genetics. They evaluate each submission to the EMMA repository, thereby ensuring that the research community has access to valuable mouse mutant strains with significance for current and future genetic research. If the information provided through the online submission form is clear enough, EMMA will inform depositors about the outcome of the evaluation within 60 days. Once approval has been granted, depositors have to provide a health status report for the mice they want to send to EMMA. This report must be less than 3 months old. Deposited lines are archived under the EMMA repository conditions. EMMA only acts as distributor and any already existing Material Transfer Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- Service: Archiving of the mouse lines (services will be provided in the period January 2020 – November 2020) provided by the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics.
- Costs: Archiving of the mouse lines is free of charge.
- Eligibility: Open call is open to researchers working for academic institutions and conducting independent/basic research, e.g. universities and research institutes. Both Czech and international applicants are welcome (EU or non-EU). This call is not intended for companies.
- Application: Service requests can be made via this application form. Applications for the activity must include a short description of the archiving lines and a short project description.
- Applications must be sent to the email address: email@example.com by November 30th, 2019, 23:59 (CET).
- Selection procedure: Proposals from eligible users for free of charge access to the archiving service will be subject to a review procedure. Applicants will be informed on the outcome of the evaluation within 2 weeks after the end of the call for which the TA application was submitted. All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Participating INFRAFRONTIER mouse clinic
The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics provides expertise and services to the biomedical research community which study the function of genes in biological processes and / or human disorders in vivo using mouse or rat models. CCP covers a full spectrum of genetic engineering services, strain cryopreservation and archiving services, advanced phenotyping and imaging services, as well as specific pathogen free (SPF) animal housing and husbandry.