Programing in R: Basics and Graphs – course
This short intensive course is intended for scientists who wish to learn the basics of
data manipulation and visualization using the free, powerful programming language R. The
course is suitable for those who have no prior knowledge of programming and likewise for
those with basic skills in programming. Those who wish to refresh their skills are welcome as well.
• R studio: installing, packages, library, R environment set up
• Read data into R
• Base R: different data type, subsetting data
• Descriptive statistics
• Loops, if and else statements
• Package Tidyverse
• R Markdown
• Package Ggplot2: all different graphs including export of graphs for publications
• Creating heatmaps
• Package Plotly: interactive graphs
• Time for your data
• Time: 20 – 21 September 2018
• Location: Czech Centre for Phenogenomics, Průmyslová 595, Vestec
• Price: 1200 CZK including refreshments during breaks. Participants should bring their own
laptop and are encourage to bring their own data to be plotted.
• A short motivation letter should be sent on email@example.com before July 22.
Participants will be chosen according their motivation letter.
The course runs as part of the OP RDE project CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_013/0001789 Upgrade of the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics: developing towards translation research.