Job available – bioinformatician / data analyst (senior)
If you are looking for exciting work in analysis of large complex data sets and good perspective for personal development, we welcome your application for the open position of
BIOINFORMATICIAN / DATA ANALYST – SENIOR
for the bioinformatics team of the CCP
At the position you will be responsible for
– Analysis of metabolomics and proteomics data (using different clustering and machine learning methods)
– Developing of methods for image analysis (using deep learning)
– Conducting individual research projects to increase the knowledge base of CCP
The best candidate should:
– be creative and able to find unusual new solutions
– be willing to learn new things and to pass on the knowledge to others
– have very good knowledge of deep learning methods
– have provable experience with image analysis and segmentation
– know at least one programming language (Java, R, Python, C ++)
– be fluent in English (written and spoken)
– have good communication skills
– be capable of working with the team and also on a self-contained basis
– possess PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics or related subject and/or have relevant track record in the field
At least basic knowledge of cluster computing or previous experience within biology or biomedicine field is plus.
– work in an international environment of excellent research facility
– a competitive salary
– ability to attend international conferences and meetings
– various benefits including five weeks of vacations and vouchers for sport or cultural activities
– full time of part time contract option negotiable
The position is available immediately (April/May 2018) as an initial fixed-term (1 year) contract, with longerterm extension possibility upon demonstrated proficiency. The place of work is Vestec u Prahy (CCP – BIOCEV campus).
Applications should be in English and include a covering letter and structured CV. All applications and informal enquiries should be send to Vendula Novosadova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all who apply for their interest; however, only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.