If you are looking for exciting work in analysis of large complex data sets and good perspective for personal development, we welcome your application for the open position of
BIOINFORMATICIAN / DATA ANALYST – SENIOR
for the bioinformatics team of the CCP
At the position you will be responsible for
– Analysis of metabolomics and proteomics data (using different clustering and machine learning methods)
– Developing of methods for image analysis (using deep learning)
– Conducting individual research projects to increase the knowledge base of CCP
The best candidate should:
– be creative and able to find unusual new solutions
– be willing to learn new things and to pass on the knowledge to others
– have very good knowledge of deep learning methods
– have provable experience with image analysis and segmentation
– know at least one programming language (Java, R, Python, C ++)
– be fluent in English (written and spoken)
– have good communication skills
– be capable of working with the team and also on a self-contained basis
– possess PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics or related subject and/or have relevant track record in the field
At least basic knowledge of cluster computing or previous experience within biology or biomedicine field is plus.
– work in an international environment of excellent research facility
– a competitive salary
– ability to attend international conferences and meetings
– various benefits including five weeks of vacations and vouchers for sport or cultural activities
– full time of part time contract option negotiable
The position is available immediately (April/May 2018) as an initial fixed-term (1 year) contract, with longerterm extension possibility upon demonstrated proficiency. The place of work is Vestec u Prahy (CCP – BIOCEV campus).
Applications should be in English and include a covering letter and structured CV. All applications and informal enquiries should be send to Vendula Novosadova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all who apply for their interest; however, only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.