With staff over 100 people the CCP is one of the largest national research infrastructures in the field of biomedicine. The center is located in the municipality of Vestec south of the capital city of Prague in the Czech Republic. Set on the campus of the BIOCEV, CCP is a state of the art facility combining the generation, phenotyping and archiving of rodent strains. As a member of the International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium (IMPC) and INFRAFRONTIER, CCP is dedicated to the goal of systematic genome-wide phenotyping project of knock-out mice in order to provide the broader research community with a lasting resource of mammalian gene function
The CCP is part of Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (IMG), leading Czech research institute in the field of molecular biology and genetics.
The applications in English including letter of interest & structured CV and (if relevant) list of publications and letters of reference should be sent to Mr. Libor Daněk via email email@example.com.
What we offer to our employees?
A stimulating and challenging work environment, opportunities for career advancement, competitive salary and wide spectrum of benefits. The positions are available immediately (if not stated otherwise) for an initial fixed-term contract (1 year) with expected longer-term extension upon demonstrated proficiency.
We thank all who apply for their interest; however, only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted. All vacancies are open until filled or otherwise stated.
All positions have place of work in BIOCEV campus in Vestec in close vicinity to Prague.
Currently we are seeking candidates to following positions:
Lab Technician – Histology Unit
We are currently seeking motivated, flexible and responsible candidates for lab technician position in the vision unit. Successful candidate will be part of an international team with dedicated and professional attitude and will contribute towards our research goals in the field of comprehensive phenotyping of rodent models. The position is available from January 2020.
– Performing of gross morphology necropsies
– Preparation and processing of paraffin and cryo histology samples
– Preparation of chemicals and biological solutions
– Basic, special histological and immunohistochemical (both BF and IF) staining of tissues and cells
– Collaboration in the preparation and implementation of experiments in histopathology field
– Data processing
– Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
– Other work activities as instructed by direct supervisors
– Education in biological, veterinary, medical or related field at least at high school leaving diploma level required
– Medical eligibility for work with laboratory animals and animal samples (rodents)
– Interest in learning and understanding of new methods and techniques
– Working knowledge of English language and office / database software
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Previous experience with work in the histology laboratory or with animals/rodent handling would be advantageous as well as valid certificate for work with animals.