The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP)
Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v. v. i.
invites applications for the following open post-doctoral position
Head of Embryonic stem cell manipulation and transgenesis
The Transgenic and Archiving Module of the CCP (http://www.phenogenomics.cz/) is seeking a motivated post-doc or senior specialist to join our international team and lead the subunit of embryonic stem cell manipulation and transgenesis.
Your key responsibilities
- – organization and supervision of our ESC laboratory
- – ESC manipulation and culture, back-up freezing
- – optimizing the use of ESC for genome targeting by classical techniques and programmable nucleases (CRISPR/Cas)
- – organization and supervision for validation of generated ESC clones (PCR, Southern blotting, karyotyping)
- – assistance in general lab management, administrative tasks including communication with users and overviewing work of technical staff
- – support the team in rodent handling and operation (embryo transfer into foster mice and rats)
The best candidate
- – should possess PhD in biology, molecular biology, biotechnology or related subject (qualified experienced person without PhD can be accepted as well)
- – has routine experience in cell culture (experience with ESC culture is advantage), general laboratory work, and lab organization
- – should have experience in rodent handling as well as knowledge in rodent genetics and transgenic technologies
- – must be fluent in English
- – must have good interpersonal communication skills and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Candidates with a keen perception and passion to establish new techniques in the field of rodent transgenesis are encouraged to apply for this job.
CCP offers state of the art research equipment and a stimulating, international and multidisciplinary environment encompassing all aspects of molecular genetics of research rodents (from model generation to complex phenotyping). We offer opportunities for career advancement, competitive salary and various benefits.
The position is available immediately (February / March 2018) as an initial fixed-term contract. Length of contract period is negotiable up to three years. The place of work is Vestec u Prahy (CCP – BIOCEV campus).
The job application in English consisting of a covering letter and structured CV should be send to Mr. Libor Danek (email@example.com). If you have any questions related to the positions, please send them to this email as well.
We thank all who apply for their interest; however, only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.